What Are The Benefits of Solid Fuel
Everyone warms to the cosy glow and flickering flames that only a real fire can offer. In order to fully appreciate the experience of sitting in front of a real fire, you should consider all the other advantages that solid fuel heating brings.
- Low running costs - Solid fuel is an efficient and economical method of heating your home 24 hours a day.
- The healthy option - Solid fuel heating can greatly reduce condensation, eliminating household mould often associated with 'on/off' fires. Medical research has also shown that solid fuel heating can reduce the risk of hay fever, asthma and eczema.
- Homes with solid fuel heating are better ventilated than those with other forms of heating; the very use of a chimney will induce ventilation into a home drawing in fresh air and removing the 'polluted' air.
- Wide range of fuels - From coal to smokeless, there’s a solid fuel to suit your appliance in all parts of the country.
- Convenient and easy to use - Modern pre-set controls keep your home at the desired temperature throughout the day.
- Guaranteed heat - With solid fuel heating you can hold stock, ensuring that your home will be warm even in the most adverse weather conditions. Whatever the weather, you don't need to worry about supply failures or power cuts. You can even boil a kettle on a flat-top stove.